The Effect of Curcuma (Curcuma xanthorrhiza Roxb.) Extract Capsule Treatment on Mice Blood Glucose Level
Pengaruh Pemberian Kapsul Ekstrak Temulawak (Curcuma xanthorrhiza Roxb.) terhadap Kadar Glukosa Darah pada Mencit
AbstractDiabetes melitus is a metabolic disorder with escalating blood glucose level (hyperglycemic) symptom. One of endemic plant in Indonesia which have antidiabetic properties potency is curcuma. This background leads to this research that was conducted to determines the effect of various curcuma extract capsule dose treatment to lowering mice blood glucose. This research was used glucose induced mice that were grouped into three groups: Group I (Negative control) aqua destilata treated group, Group II (Dose 1) curcuma extract capsule dose 18 mg/kgBW treated group, and Group III (Dose 2) curcuma extract capsule dose 20 mg/kgBW treated group. After 7 days of treatment, blood glucose level negative control group is 185 mg/dl, curcuma extract capsule dose 1 is 123 mg/dl, and dose 2 is 101 mg/dl. Curcuma extract capsule treated groups showed significant different blood glucose level with negative control treated group. This could be concluded that curcuma extract capsule has effect as antihyperglycemic on glucose 5% induced mice.
2. Dipiro, J.T., Talbert R.L., Yee G.C., Matzke G.R., Wells B.G., dan Posey L.M. Pharmacotherapy: A Patophysiologic Approach, 9th Edition. New York: Mc Graw Hill; 2015.
3. Hasan, M., Khan, M.I., Umar, B.U., and Sadeque, M. Comparative study of the Effect of Ethanolic Extract of Swietenia mahagoni Seeds with Rosiglitazone on Experimentally Induced Diabetes Mellitus in Rats. Faridpur Med. Coll. J. 2013; 39: 6-10.
4. Kim, T., Davis J., Zhang A.J., He X., Mathews A.T. Curcumin Activates AMPK and Supresses Gluconeogenic Gene Expression in Hepatoma 16 Cells, Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communication. 2009; 388:377-82.
5. Badan Pengawas Obat dan Makanan (BPOM). PerBPOM No. 32 Tahun 2019 tentang Persyaratan Keamanan dan Mutu Obat Tradisional. Jakarta: Badan Pengawas Obat dan Makanan; 2019.
6. American Diabetes Association (ADA). Standards Of Medical Care In Diabetes. [diunduh 20 Januari 2019]. 2013; Tersedia di http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/36/supplement_1/S11.full.pdf.
7. El-Moselhy, M.A., Taye, A., Sharkawi, S.S., El-Sisi, S.F.I., Ahmed, M.F. The Antihyperglycemic Effect of Curcumin in High Fat Diet Fed Rats. Role of TNF-α and Free Fatty Acids. Food and Chemical Toxicology. 2011; 49(5): 1129-1140
8. Katzung, B.G. Farmakologi Dasar Dan Klinik, Edisi III, Jakarta: Penerbit Buku Kedokteran EGC; 2002.
Copyright (c) 2022 Diah nurcahyani
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.