The effect of Material used in the Lime Infused water Packaging on Vitamin C Level
Pengaruh Bahan Kemasan Penyimpanan Minuman Infused Water Jeruk Nipis terhadap kadar Vitamin C
AbstractThe storage process can affect the level of vitamin C in lime Infused water. The purposes of this research was to know the effect of storage container on vitamin C level in lime Infused water. The material used in the Infused water packaging are plastic and glass. Analysis of vitamin C levels in sample using Iodimetric method. The results of this research indicated that vitamin C levels in plastic and glass container was 2,499 mg/100 mL and 3,034 mg/100 mL, respectively. The siginificants results (Sig 2-tailed) of this study was 0,235 (p<0,05). From this study can be concluded that the use of plastic and glass packaging affect the vitamin C level in lime Infused water.
2. Fitriyana R.A., Perbandingan Kadar Vitamin C Pada Jeruk Nipis (Citrus X Aurantiifolia) Dan Jeruk Lemon (Citrus X Limon) Yang Dijual Di Pasar Linggapura Kabupaten Brebes. Publicitas. 2017;2(2).
3. Oyetade, O.A., Oyeleke, G.O., Adegoke, B.M. and Akintunde AO. Stability Studies on Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) From Different Sources. IOSR J Appl Chem. 2012;2(4):20–4.
4. Sapei L, Hwa L. Study on the Kinetics of Vitamin C Degradation in Fresh Strawberry Juices. Procedia Chem. 2014;9:62–8.
5. Mangaraj S, Goswami TK, Mahajan P V., Trisnawati I, Hersoelistyorini W, Nurhidajah N, et al. Applications of Plastic Films for Modified Atmosphere Packaging of Fruits and Vegetables: A Review. Food Eng Rev. 2009;1(1):1–42.
6. Nkechi Juliet Tamuno E. Effect of Packaging Materials, Storage Conditions on the Vitamin C and pH Value of Cashew Apple (Anacardium occidentale L.) Juice. J Food Nutr Sci. 2015;3(4):160.
7. Korese JK, Achaglinkame MA, Adzitey F. Effect of different packaging materials on storage stability of Gardenia erubescens Stapf. & Hutch. dried fruits and powder. Appl Food Res. 2022;2(2):100143.
8. Nguyen HL, Tran TH, Hao LT, Jeon H, Koo JM, Shin G, et al. Biorenewable, transparent, and oxygen/moisture barrier nanocellulose/nanochitin-ba
coating on polypropylene for food packaging applications. Carbohydr Polym. 2021;271:118421.
9. Tan SL, Sulaiman R, Rukayadi Y, Ramli NS. Physical, chemical, microbiological properties and shelf life kinetic of spray-dried cantaloupe juice powder during storage. Lwt. 2021;140:110597.
10. Kumar N, Kachhadiya S, Nayi P. Storage stability and characterization of biochemical , rehydration and colour characteristics of dehydrated sweet corn kernels. J Stored Prod Res. 2020;87:101619.
11. Coton E, Leguerinel I. Ecology of Bacteria and Fungi in Foods: Effects of pH. Encycl Food Microbiol Second Ed. 2014;1:577–86.
12. Jaime SBM, Alves RM V, Bócoli PFJ. Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology Moisture and oxygen barrier properties of glass , PET and HDPE bottles for pharmaceutical products. J Drug Deliv Sci Technol. 2022;71(March 2021).
13. Berlinet BC, Brat P, Ducruet V. Quality of Orange Juice in Barrier and Science. 2008;(November 2007):279–86.
Copyright (c) 2022 Vika Ayu Devianti
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.