Comparison of the Effect of Morning Versus Night Amlodipine Administration on Blood Pressure Reduction in Primary Hypertensive Patients
Perbandingan Pengaruh Waktu Pemberian Amlodipin Pagi Versus Malam Terhadap Penurunan Tekanan Darah Pasien Hipertensi Primer
AbstractHuman blood pressure goes according to a circadian rhythm, blood pressure drops during sleep and increases in the morning this happens in most individuals. One of the hypertension drug therapies is Amlodipine Calcium Channel Blocker class which has a long half-life, so it can be used once a day, and amlodipine works as a long-acting antihypertensive. On reducing blood pressure in primary hypertensive patients. The design of this study was a cohort by measuring blood pressure before and after administration of amlodipine therapy in the morning or amlodipine at night in outpatients with a diagnosis of primary hypertension who received amlodipine therapy at the “X” Clinic in Surabaya with retrospective data collection. The results of this study were obtained from 20 patients who stated that there was no significant difference in difference in systolic and diastolic blood pressure between January and December 2019 in patients receiving amlodipine therapy 5 mg in the morning, 10 mg in the morning, 5 mg in the evening and 10 mg in the evening. There is an effect of giving amlodipine therapy in the morning and evening.
2. Chobanian A V., Bakris GL, Black HR, Cushman WC, Green LA, Izzo JL, Et Al. Seventh Report Of The Joint National Committee On Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, And Treatment Of High Blood Pressure. Hypertension [Internet]. 2003 Dec;42(6):1206–52. Available From: Http://Www.Ncbi.Nlm.Nih.Gov/Pubmed/14656957
3. Bundy JD, Li C, Stuchlik P, Bu X, Kelly TN, Mills KT, Et Al. Systolic Blood Pressure Reduction And Risk Of Cardiovascular Disease And Mortality. JAMA Cardiol [Internet]. 2017 Jul 1;2(7):775. Available From: Http://Cardiology.Jamanetwork.Com/Article.Aspx?Doi=10.1001/Jamacardio.2017.1421
4. Fares H, Dinicolantonio JJ, O’Keefe JH, Lavie CJ. Amlodipine In Hypertension: A First-Line Agent With Efficacy For Improving Blood Pressure And Patient Outcomes. Open Hear. 2016;
5. Kautzky-Willer A, Harreiter J, Pacini G. Sex And Gender Differences In Risk, Pathophysiology And Complications Of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Endocr Rev [Internet]. 2016 Jun 1;37(3):278–316. Available From: Https://Academic.Oup.Com/Edrv/Article/37/3/278/2354724
6. Choi HY, Oh IJ, Lee JA, Lim J, Kim YS, Jeon T-H, Et Al. Factors Affecting Adherence To Antihypertensive Medication. Korean J Fam Med [Internet]. 2018 Nov 20;39(6):325–32. Available From: Https://Www.Mendeley.Com/Catalogue/95da70e2-A6f4-3114-B16d-7611a70ce7ca/
7. Fandinata SS, Darmawan R. Perbedaan Kepatuhan Minum Obat Pada Pasien Yang Baru Terdiagnosa Dan Sudah Lama Terdiagnosa Penyakit Diabetes Melitus Tipe 2. J Ilm Manuntung [Internet]. 2020 Jun 30;6(1):70. Available from: http://jurnal.akfarsam.ac.id/index.php/jim_akfarsam/article/view/310
8. Nopitasari BL, Adikusuma W, Qiyaam N, Fatmala A. Pengaruh Kepatuhan dan Ketepatan Waktu Minum Obat Terhadap Tekanan Darah Pasien Hipertensi Primer. J Ulul Albab [Internet]. 2019 Jan 29;23(1):28. Available from: http://journal.ummat.ac.id/index.php/JUA/article/view/646
9. Lemmer B. The importance of biological rhythms in drug treatment of hypertension and sex-dependent modifications. ChronoPhysiology Ther [Internet]. 2012 Apr;(April 2012):9. Available from: http://www.dovepress.com/the-importance-of-biological-rhythms-in-drug-treatment-of-hypertension-peer-reviewed-article-CPT
Copyright (c) 2023 Eziah Ika Lubada, selly fandinata
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.